A stunning backdrop for camping
The site has been carefully laid out to blend with the breathtaking surroundings and provide a wide variety of locations for camping across the park. Our aim is to keep Sykeside a very natural place and we pride ourselves on its true 'outdoor' feel.
Also on the site is the Brotherswater Inn - a welcoming Lake District pub offering food and accommodation.
A favourite with families, walkers, climbers and ramblers, we are the number one choice for that ideal location in the heart of Lakeland:
- fantastic location
- open all year
- great for walking/climbing holidays
- family friendly
- great for winter camping, winter walking holidays, ladies and gentlemen's walking weekends
- dog friendly
- fires allowed (please provide your own fire pit, raised off the ground. Fires must be extinguished by 11pm)
Situated at the northern foot of the Kirkstone Pass just off the A592, we are easily accessible as are Patterdale, Glenridding, Windermere, Ambleside, Ullswater, Coniston and Keswick.
Sykeside has all the facilities associated with a modern campsite:
- shower and toilet facilities that are well located at the top of the site. They are regularly cleaned to ensure a high standard is maintained. Hot water is not charged for but may run cool for a time during very busy periods.
- shaving sockets and power points are available in the shower block
- laundry room, with washers and dryers
- Ice pack refreezing available in the shop
- dish washing area
- 25 electric hook-ups with hard standing for motorhomes, campervans or caravans
- well-stocked shop caters for the majority of campers' needs with fresh provisions, camping equipment, maps and guides
- Brotherswater Inn, within the site grounds, offers a well stocked bar, meals and accommodation
- fishing available in Brotherswater which is within easy walking distance
- please note that due to our position in the bottom of the valley television reception is extremely unreliable, and mobile phone reception quite patchy. EE is the only network that works on the site, and not all the time.
- please read our terms and conditions before booking
- we do not accept group bookings of larger than 6 adults
- booking is advisable particularly at weekends and during the school