A stunning backdrop for camping
The site has been carefully laid out to blend with the breathtaking surroundings and provide a wide variety of locations for camping across the park. Our aim is to keep Sykeside a very natural place and we pride ourselves on its true 'outdoor' feel.
Also on the site is the Brotherswater Inn - a welcoming Lake District pub offering food and accommodation.
A favourite with families, walkers, climbers and ramblers, we are the number one choice for that ideal location in the heart of Lakeland:
- fantastic location
- open all year
- great for walking/climbing holidays
- family friendly
- great for winter camping, winter walking holidays, lads walking weekends
- dog friendly
Situated at the northern foot of the Kirkstone Pass just off the A592, we are easily accessible as are Patterdale, Glenridding, Windermere, Ambleside, Ullswater, Coniston and Keswick.
Sykeside has all the facilities associated with a modern campsite and more!
- modern shower and toilet facilities that are well located. They are regularly cleaned to ensure a high standard is maintained. Hot water is not charged for but may run cool for a time during very busy periods.
- shaving sockets and power points are available in the shower block
- laundry room, with washers and dryers
- dish washing area
- 19 electric hook-ups with hard standing for camper vans
- well-stocked shop caters for the majority of campers' needs with fresh provisions, camping equipment, maps and guides
- meals are available on the site at the Barn End Bar
- Brotherswater Inn, within the site grounds, offers meals and accommodation
- fishing available in Brotherswater which is within easy walking distance
- please note that due to our position in the bottom of the valley television reception is extremely unreliable, and there is no mobile phone reception at all.