Disability access statement
Sykeside Camping Park is a 3 pennant family run camping park with 19
pitches for motorhomes, 5 touring pitches for caravans, 100 pitches for
tents and a 36 bed bunkhouse. The Brotherswater Inn is a country pub
with 7 bed and breakfast rooms located at the entrance to the site. Sykeside
Farm Cottage is also located within the grounds.
- We have a bus stop about 50 yards from the entrance to the site on
the main road. The buses are not wheelchair accessible.
- The nearest train station to us is about 12 miles from us in Windermere.
A taxi can take guests to our site.
- We can be contacted via our email, phone or fax.
- Our site is set in the countryside; the nearest supermarkets are
in either Windermere or Penrith. There is a small shop on site open
during the summer; the next nearest store is Patterdale Post Office
3 miles away.
Arrival and Car Parking facilities
- There is a car park area to the front of reception where the main
- The top of the main car park is tarmac and then the rest is gravel.
The driveway down to the campsite is stone chippings.
- The overflow car park and bunkhouse parking is also gravel.
- We can assist guests arriving for the bed and breakfast with luggage.
Shop and Reception
- The front door to the reception has a large lip. The door is not
a standard size, and is a little narrow. Staff can assist with opening the door.
- The bunkhouse can be accessed by 2 doors. One is up a flight of stairs
behind the Barn End Bar. The other entrance has a concrete step up
to the kitchen area. The kitchen has a level concrete floor.
- All dogs including guide dogs are welcomed on the campsite site and
in bunkhouse rooms.
- Bunkhouses 1, 2, 3 and 4 have four wooden steps up to the landing
in front of the rooms.
- Bunkhouses 6, 7 and 8 have a small step down to their entrance.
- Bunkhouse 7 has a flight of stairs once inside the room.
- Bunkhouse 8 is level except for a small step into the shower room.
- Bunkhouse 6 is level.
- Bunkhouses 1, 4, 6, 8, 9 and 10 all have bunk beds. Bunkhouses 2,
3 and 7 have a sloping ceiling so have single beds.
- Bunkhouse 9 has an entrance outside the kitchen. There is a slope
down to the door and then 1 step.
- Bunkhouse 10 is located next to the laundry room. There is 1 step
to the entrance.
- All of the rooms have a toilet and wash basin. The entrances to all
the toilets are narrow and may be constricting to those in a wheelchair.
Only bunkhouse 8 has a shower. All other bunkhouses share shower facilities
with the campsite. The shower block is round the front of the bunkhouse
- Bunkhouse parking is approximately 30 yards from the bunkhouse and
it can be accessed by a set of 10 stone steps or via the sloped driveway.
Sykeside Farm Cottage
- The parking for the cottage is tarmac. The entrance is through a
wooden gate and on a cobbled pathway. There is a step into the entrance
- The lounge and kitchen are open plan and all on one level. The bathroom
is also downstairs. There is then a flight of stairs with a banister
up to the two bedrooms on the first floor.
Campsite and CL
- The campsite has a grass surface and can be very soft at times. There
is a gravel track around the edge of the site. All of the motorhome
pitches and CL pitches and on gravel and are level.
- Access between the campsite and Brotherswater Inn is via a steep
driveway. Reception is located at the Inn during the winter months.
- The toilets and shower block are located between 20 and 500 yards
away from the pitches. There are accessed via the stone steps on the
- We do not have full disabled access to the showers and toilets. The
floor is on a slight incline and is made of none-slip tiles.
- The laundry room and pot wash area are located next to the toilets
and showers. There have a step just before the entrance then the concrete
floor is level.
Barn End Bar
- Entrance is through two doors. Patio doors can also be opened to
allow access to wider wheelchairs. Access to toilets is up 1 step.
Otherwise access is level.
- Main entrance from car park is up 9 wide stone steps. Level access
can be allowed through the side entrance which can be opened by a member
of staff on request. Side entrance is accessed through the overflow
- All the bed and breakfast rooms are accessed via a flight of narrow
stairs with a hand rail.
- On site, there is an appointed member of staff trained in first aid.
- We can store medication in a fridge at The Brotherswater Inn which
staff only have access to.